Oh, how I love the beautiful flowers this time of the year. As our seaside ranch home slowly comes together after over 3 years, I find myself starting to thing about the outside spaces. No doubt that I will be posting about pretty flowers and garden inspiration in the future. However, at the moment I turn my attention specifically toward edible flowers. Perhaps you might want to use this Mother’s Day weekend as a perfect excuse to create a beautiful, albeit delicious dish. I am sure the mothers in your life will approve!
Frozen in time and straight from your freezer….floral infused ice cubes are a great way to add a touch of simple charm.
Important Disclaimer: This post was intended to provide inspiration only. I’ve provided pretty pictures but it is entirely up to you to figure out what is safe to consume and to do so at your own risk. Sorry, but that’s the reality of it….
- Do not eat any flower or plant unless someone knowledgeable has informed you that it is safe to ingest and they have informed you about how to prepare it safely.
- Keep allergies in mind..for your and your guests.
- Avoid any flowers or plants that may have been sprayed with pesticides.
- Not all plants and flowers are edible. Some are poisonous either naturally or from the use of toxic chemical pesticides.
- Flowers from florists, nurseries and traditional garden centers should not be eaten as pesticides may have been used.
- I am not a expert nor or claim to be one. It is up to you to figure out what is safe to consume.
- I have not tested any of the recipes linked to this article. By linking to them I am in no way saying they are safe. Refer to bullet point above.