HAPPY FRIDAY

Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life.

I took this picture while traveling along Lake Como, Italy in 2004. Little did I know that over the years, many trips later and after thousands of pictures taken (just of Italy alone!) that this single photograph would become one of my absolute favorites. This image has also served as a great source of comfort during difficult times and continues to provide a soothing effect as if I were there this very moment. Ahhhh….the mesmerizing effect of bella Italia!

While I can’t be in Italy soon enough, this weekend I am hoping to do a little research for a future trip. I am also going to be working on an upcoming post with an Italian twist. I’m not sure what your plans are for the weekend but I hope they involve your own dreams of the magical places you love to visit!

Ciao.   —xoxo, V.

Varenna Italy Lake Como Reviving Charm

Original photo of  Villa Monastero by Reviving Charm.

8 thoughts on “HAPPY FRIDAY

1. Karen B. says:

Who is the lucky individual that lives in that house? Or is it a hotel? I love this picture and I’ve never visited Italy. I do have a picture of a thatched roof cottage in Chipping Campden in the Cotswold that still brings me comfort and joy even though the last time I visited was 1994! It seems like yesterday for as vivid as my memory of that trip is.
    Happy Friday, my friend.
    Karen

• After Orange County says:

My husband and I honeymooned in the Cotswolds and I too have wonderful memories of lovely Chipping Campden. Hope to get back there soon! We have our eye on a Cruise all through the British Isles. Dream on…….

2. After Orange County says:

The lake region of Italy is stunning. I too love Italy and in fact had a home on the coast of Northern Italy years ago. My family and I have spent many wonderful times enjoying bella Italia. Ciao!

3. Paul S says:

I know what you mean about the soothing effect of that image. I have a painting of Isola Comacina on my wall which has a similar effect. It was actually a wedding gift to my mother and was the reason I visited Lake Como for the first time.
    I’ve been lucky to visit there a dozen times and it’s always magical, rain or shine, Autumn or Spring. I can’t wait to go back again!

• Reviving Charm says:

Hi Paul. Your painting sounds lovely. It’s it amazing how powerful an image can be! I would agree that Italy is wonderful anytime of the year. I do hope you get to visit again soon.

4. Sandy BRETZ says:

This photo is stunning! I’ve never been to the Villa Monastero but it is now on my bucket list of places to visit! Thank you for the inspiration… I see myself painting this beauty!

Leave a comment...I love feedback!