How has your week been? I’ve been in and out of the office this week so these past five days have really flown by. In lieu of a single topic post to end the week, I thought I would put together a random mix of things that caught my attention over the last few days. Enjoy…
Is there anything that caught your attention this week? Do tell…
- I love the classic exterior of this Brookline, Massachusetts estate known as “Woodland Manor”. The home and its 14 acres can be yours for a mere $90 million.
- Great architecture (with amazing floors) + furniture with clean lines = a dream dining room. Plus, the fact that this is a room located in Milan, Italy is definitely a plus.
- My short bob with portions of it dyed whimsical fun colors is long gone. I am sporting a new shorter style that I’ve received so many compliments on. It’s easier to show off a great pair of earrings with short hair and I love these with their great geometric design. I might go on a shopping spree for some new accessories this weekend.
- I didn’t originally believe Mr. B when he told me that Home Depot now carries furniture. I haven’t seen it in person but their La Petite Barrel Chair is a very affordable classic design. This blush color would look great in my office but it also comes in a natural color that can work in almost any room.
- The amazing Bulgari Resort Dubai featured in this month’s Italian issue of Elle Decor shows off some of the hotel’s most beautiful spaces. As a lover of black and white photography, it was this image that captured my heart.
- Lipstick by Yves St. Laurent has been my guilty pleasure for many, many years. Their little gold tubes line my makeup drawer like soldiers standing at attention. I’ve recently switched over to using their Tatouge Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain. It’s very long lasting and worth every penny. I’ve tried it in 2 colors and just ordered 4 more because I love it that much! My secret to a successful application: Use the flat end of the applicator to first line your lips then fill in by slowly building up coverage. Applying too much too soon will result in a streaky effect so layering on color really is best. When I try new makeup, I like to buy it through Sephora because of their generous return policy but I will be reordering my favorite colors directly through YSLso they can engrave my lipstick tube for free. They allow up to 14 characters and will also engrave mascara tubes and perfume bottles.
- I recently read somewhere that you shouldn’t have more than 3 pieces in a room from the same store. The layered look of this room recently featured on One Kings Lane definitely proves that a room is much more interesting when the furniture and accessories were collected over time. This helps to prevent a room from looking like everything was purchased straight out of a catalog. Of course, there are always exceptions to every rule.